Dr. Henry Ettinger served on the faculty of the SUNY College of Optometry in 1983. He taught students ocular disease detection, refractive, and eye-muscle disorder evaluation procedures. Dr. Ettinger established his Manhattan clinic in 1986 to serve the visual needs of children and adults.
The College of Optometrists in Vision Development (COVD) certified Dr. Ettinger as a Fellow of the College in 2006. The COVD International Examination and Certification Board process includes a rigorous evaluation of the eye care professional's knowledge and abilities in providing developmental and behavioral vision care for patients. Optometrists who successfully complete their certification process are Board Certified in Vision Development and Vision Therapy and are designated Fellows of COVD.
Dr. Ettinger's Professional Affiliations Include:
* Fellow, College of Optometrists in Vision Development
* Clinical Associate, Optometric Extension Program
* Member, American Optometric Association
* Member, New York Optometric Association
* Former Consultant for United Cerebral Palsy Clinic, Brooklyn, New York
* Former examiner for New York State Board of Optometry