Area's one of the most experienced minimally invasive complex pathology case surgeons with excellent surgical outcomes. Exclusively Gyn care - Annual, Medical and Surgical.
Neena Agarwala is a very personable, kind and patient-oriented GYN providing her patients with care and comfort in her New York City office. Dr. Agarwala is certified by the American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology in Gynecology and sub-specialty certified in Urogynecology(Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery). She is an AOA honor society member since medical school. She received her medical education from the Pennsylvania State University, where she also completed her residency in obstetrics and gynecology. She then completed fellowships for advanced laparoscopic and urogynecological surgery; with the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists and American Society of Reproductive Medicine jointly.
Dr. Agarwala is fellowship trained and specializes in laparoscopic and robotic procedures with a special emphasis on urogynecology and pelvic floor reconstruction. Her goal is to provide a full range of female pelvic medicine and reconstructive surgery services including treatment for stress and urge incontinence, chronic urinary tract infections, interstitial cystitis, and pelvic organ prolapse. Dr. Agarwala is trained to manage pelvic pain and other GYN related diagnoses with her interest and experience in minimally invasive surgeries, which include both robotic and advanced laparoscopic procedures. She is very experienced with robotic hysterectomies, myomectomies, and extensive endometriosis treatment. She is an excellent clinician and an extremely skilled surgeon.
Medical School - Pennsylvania State University
Pennsylvania State University, Residency in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Pennsylvania State University, Master's in Molecular and Cell Biology
Chattanooga Women’s Laser Center, Fellowship in Advanced Gynecologic Endoscopic Surgery
American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology
Awards and Publications
1. Best Teacher Award – by CREOG for 2009 by Medical Students, UNMC Clerkship program.
2. Best Teacher Award – by APGO for 2006 by Residents at the UNMC Residency program.
3. Jerome J Hoffman “Postgraduate Prize Paper” at the AAGL 33rd Annual Meeting, San Francisco, November 2004.
4. Best Fellow Award -2002 at The Chattanooga Women’s Laser Center by Hospital and OR Staff.
5. Best Resident Teaching Award for 1999-00 at PSGHS by Thomas Jefferson Medical Student Committee.
1. Kissling, J., MD, Agarwala, N, MD. Midurethral Sling Surgery in patients with mixed incontinence and ISD urethra. Gynecological Surgery, February 2012, DOI: 10.1007/s10397-012-0735-7.
2. Agarwala, N., Hasiak, N. Sub-urethral Diverticulum, Including 3 Large Stones: A Case Report. UroToday Int J. 2011 Dec; 4(6): http://dx.doi.org/10.3834/uij.1944-5784.2011.12.13
3. Westermann, L., DO, Agarwala, N, MD. Laparoscopic or Robotic Sacocolpopexy with Tension free sling to prevent and treat Urinary Stress Incontinence. UroToday Int J. 2012 April; 5(2): art 07. http://dx.doi.org/10.3834/uij.1944-5784.2012.04.13
4. Paplomata, E., Agarwala, N., Vouros, I M., Balaxis, D A., Filindris, T. N., Charalambous, S. N., Rombis V. E. Malakoplakia of the Genitourinary Tract: A Report of 3 Cases. UroToday Int J. 2010 Aug; 3(4). doi:10.3834/uij.1944-5784.2010.08.12
6. Agarwala, N. A randomized comparison of Gynecare and Boston Scientific mid
Agarwala, N, Hasiak, N, Shade, M. Graft Interposition colpocleisis, perineorrhaphy, and tension free sling for pelvic organ prolapse and stress urinary incontinence in elderly patients. The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Nov 2007, 14:6; 740-745.
8. Agarwala, N, Hasiak, N, Shade, M. Laparoscopic Sacral colpopexy with Gynemesh as graft material- Experience and results. The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Sept 2007, 14:5; 577-583.
9.Agarwala, N., Cohen, A. Experiences with a xenograft (acellular bovine collagen matrix) in gynecologic fistula repairs. The Journal of Minimally Invasive Gynecology, Sept 2006, 13:5; 483-485
10. Agarwala, N., Liu, C.Y. Safe entry Techniques During Laparoscopy: Left Upper quadrant Entry Technique Using the Ninth Intercostal Space – A Review of 918 Cases. The Journal of Minimally Invasive Surgery, Vol 12, No 1, 55-61, 2005.
11. Agarwala, N., Liu, C.Y. Laparoscopic Appendectomy. The Journal of the American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, 10(2), 166-168, 2003.
9. Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society, elected during the junior year of medical school.
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
American Urogynecologic Society
American Association of Gynecologic Laparoscopists
American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists, New York
Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery (Obstetrics and Gynecology)