Dr. Vahid Rahimian is an Allergist treating patients in New York City. He is certified by the American Board of Allergy and Immunology, 2012 and the American Board of Internal Medicine, 2010. His interests include asthma, food allergy, drug allergy, allergic rhinitis and chronic sinusitis.
Dr. Rahimian treats patients for many conditions including animal, food, drug, and seasonal allergies, eczema, asthma, rash and hives.
University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey.
Awards and Publications
1) Down-regulation of regulatory cytokine production in severe food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES). Harumi Jyonouchi, Lee Geng, Deana Streck, Vahid Rahimian, Gokce A. Toruner, Pediatric Allergy and Immunology, 2012 (submitted).
2) Innate immune responses differ in patients with food protein induced enterocolitis syndrome (FPIES) who respond well to the restrictive diet and those who do not. Vahid Rahimian, Lee Geng, Pamela Kattouf, Harumi Jyonouchi. Journal of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Feb 2012; Vol. 129, Issue 2, Supplement, Page AB96.
3) An IL-1 receptor antagonist (anakinra) as a therapeutic option for treatment-resistant seizures (TRS). Vahid Rahimian, Harumi Jyonouchi, Abstract. Annals of allergy, asthma and Immunology.2011 Nov; 107 pg89.
4) Urticaria and angioedema associated with infertility treatment: A report of 2 cases. Vahid Rahimian, Mark E. Weinstein, Abstract. Annals of allergy, asthma and Immunology. 2010 Nov; V105.
5) Concerted Auto-Regulation in Yeast endosomal t-SNAREs Fabienne Paumet, Vahid Rahimian, Maurizio Di Liberto, and James E. Rothman, The Journal of Biological Chemistry (JBC), 2005, Volume: 280, Pages: 21137-21143.
6) The specificity of SNARE-dependent fusion is encoded in the SNARE motif Fabienne Paumet, Vahid Rahimian, and James E. Rothman, Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. (PNAS), 2004 , Volume: 101, Pages: 3376-3380.
7) i-SNARE: inhibitory SNAREs that fine-tune the specificity of membrane fusion Oleg Varlamov, Allen Volchuk, Vahid Rahimian, Claudia A. Doege, Fabienne Paumet, William S. Eng, Nancy Arango, Francesco Parlati, Mariella Ravazzola, Lelio Orci, Thomas H. Sollner, and James E. Rothman, The Journal of Cell Biology (JCB) , 2003 Volume: 164, Pages: 79-88.